Well, it looks like I'm heading back to Ottawa for a few months this summer... >:-( We're shifting our hardware research from the calorimeter to tracking so that we can join up with the rest of the Canadian Universities. I guess we were the oddballs... Anyhow, the group at Carleton (in Ottawa) has some work that needs to be done with testing their tracking system as well as converting their simulation code from Fortran to C++ and then using it to study the tracking system. Enter Blair... The work that I do there will largely make up my Masters thesis, so I suppose I should do a decent job.I'll be there for 2-3 months starting in May, likely closer to 3 months. I was really hoping to stay in Regina this summer, just like I was really hoping to stay in Regina last summer...Guess I'll have to sell off a few of my Rider tickets once I get a better idea of my timetable.
Anyone feel like takin a trip to Ottawa this summer? It's gonna get lonely.

4 comments:
Well congrats on the job Blair and have fun in Ottawa. It's a bit far away unlike Edmonton was...
sounds like it will be fun, but too bad you are gone in the summer, since I'm gonna be around the university all summer and was thinking it would be fun to hang :P.. well you will just have to work really hard and get stuff done fast so you can come home (and see me on your lunch breaks) haha!
I thought you were not involved in GlueX?
-rt
I'm not. I was working on hadronic calorimeter stuff for ILC, and now we're focusing on tracking stuff I guess
Post a Comment