Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Out with the old...

I finally replaced my 3.2 MP camera that I bought in Vancouver nearly 3 years ago. It's always been horrible on batteries and as of late it only turned on when the planets aligned juuust right.

My new baby is the Sony Cyber shot DSC-W50. It's a perfectly capable 6.0 MP with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 3x optical-zoom lens, giving very crisp photos. It is capable of taking photos at ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1000. My favourite feature, however, is the fact that tests of the camera showed that it was capable of taking 390 pictures on one battery charge. That beats the hell out of my old camera, which sometimes stretched for that 20 picture mark...

Here's a real detailed review of the camera, as well as a bunch of sample pics.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Nice purchase. Just for the record, you must have had a bad battery or something...my olympus goes forever without needing a charge.

Anonymous said...

Your Olympus is also brand new, not 3 years old.

And nice camera, should be able to take some good pictures in Ottawa now.


-Evan

Kris said...

Blair said he always had problems with his last one, not just the last bit he had it. I don't compare apples to oranges.

Blair said...

I think what Evan is saying is that the new Olympus cameras are probably better on batteries than the 3 year old model. It's probably true for any brand of camera.

Kris said...

"Your Olympus is also brand new, not 3 years old."

Sounds to me like he was thinking I was comparing my brand new camera to your 3 year old camera, simply because of the age of the camera.