Sunday, May 13, 2007

Return to Literacy

Since I'm finding myself to be uber-bored, I went out and bought a few books to pass the time:

Angels and Demons, Dan Brown
The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins
A Brief History of Time, Stephen Hawking

I'm not sure which one I'm going to start with but hopefully they last about 90 days :)

Edit: Whoops, accidentally downloaded seasons one and two of The Office. Now I have to watch those instead :(

Edit #2: Whoops, now I have season three as well. Whatcha gonna do.

2 comments:

Geo said...

Skip Angels and Demons, Dan Brown is an overblown hack and must only be read in an airport or on a bus. I've read the God Delusion and it's pretty good, start with that one. Then when you're in a weird headspace or really drunk read Hawking.

rt said...

You realize that in "Angels and Demons" an "anti-matter bomb" is stolen from CERN, right? Because, you know, CERN produces enough anti-matter to make a bomb. They keep it locked up in a shed. I agree about "overblown hack". Skip Dan Brown and pick up Neil Stephenson's "Cryptonomicon".

The other day I was thinking of getting something by Chuck Palahniuk (guy best known for writing Fight Club, which was a novel before it was a book). He has plenty of great books. I'd also recommend William Gibson.

But of course, read what you like.

-rt