Sunday, August 19, 2007

On Roughriders!

What a crazy night. The rain was so heavy and all I had to protect me was a thin garbage bag that I grabbed from Lori's. That game will go down in the Rider history books, that's for sure. The worst part of the night was the city police and rent-a-cops taking it upon themselves to tell us that the game was cancelled and that we had to leave. Ben, Lori and I had sat in our water puddles for about a half-hour after the delay began waiting for it to start up again, but we figured that if the police are going around kicking us out then it must actually be cancelled. I guess what the black folk say is true - You can't trust the po-po.

Luckily I caught the end of the game on CBC at Lori's. I still would have rather been there because, as you can see from the picture, it was a crazy atmosphere after the delay was over. After the game, the Riders were coming up into the stands and shaking hands with all the crazy fans that waited out the delay.

The game itself was nuts! A great back-and-forth shootout. When all was said and done, THE RIDERS WERE LEFT ALONE, FIRST IN THE LEAGUE. I'm still soaking it up, this team is for real. The two week break comes at the perfect time because we are really hurting with all the injuries we've been dealing with. Can't wait till the labour day classic, that's going to be a crazy time.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Well the riders traded Armstead for Holmes and Getzlaf....

Anonymous said...

Last updated August 19th? That is sad my friend.