Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WNPPC07

Thursday I leave for Calgary, and then Banff, for the Winter Nuclear and Particle Physics Conference. I'm currently scheduled to give a presentation Sunday at 9:30AM. Those of you who know me well will know that there is an excellent chance that I'm going to sleep right through that time slot. Oh well, it's only my reputation in the physics community at stake.

My talk is about one of the projects that I'm working on in collaboration with Texas AMU. We are running simulations to study the feasability of measuring the mass difference between the two lightest supersymmetric particles, the neutralino and the stau, at the ILC. Another way to explain it is that we're looking at the relationship between dark matter and supersymmetry where the neutralino (the X with a squiggle over it) is a candidate particle for dark matter.

When I find a place to store it, I'll post my powerpoint file for those of you who are interested to browse through. Notice that there are lots of links in the above paragraph. Nobody has an excuse for not knowing what I'm talking about :)
This is the reaction that we want to study at ILC.

6 comments:

Blake said...

Is suppersymetric (sic) theory an extension of the dinner model or just when you spread your food out so it doesn't touch?

Blair said...

Whoops!

Kris said...

what is this (sic) I always see you 2 using?

Blair said...

you use (sic) when you are quoting something and the quote contains a spelling error. That way people know that you're not the retard who can't copy a quote, the person being quoted is retarded.

Boo said...

ha

I finally get it now. LOL, oh how stupid I am. This put it all in perspective for me. And to think of everytime I saw "(sic)" and didnt clue in on anything.

OH boy, now i feel a tad smarter. SMRT....

Anonymous said...

Hey you're going to Banff! Good luck on the presentation. There will be two guys from UVic there. If you see a tall German dude, say hi, that's Frank.

-rt