While I was out driving this afternoon, I ended up behind a van with an interesting license plate holder. "Life is Precious from Conception to Natural Death. Choose Life!" As we are driving down Bronson Avenue, the red light warning lights start flashing, so we know the lights up ahead are about to turn. Just as expected, they turn red. This didn't deter our pro-life friend though. She went right through, well after it had turned red. Does getting smoked off in an intersection fall under "natural death"? And if not, does her life continue to be precious until she is reincarnated and proceeds to die naturally? And what of the people in the other car? I guess I'm struggling with the definition of natural death and its relevance to your life being precious. What if Mother Teresa had been murdered?This isn't meant as a slag towards religion (she also had a Jesus fish...) as much as it is a slag against stupid people, in this case, people who drive through red lights during high traffic times. More often than not though, the people driving around with giant "Yay Jesus!" bumper stickers tend to fall into both the religious AND stupid person category. What can you expect though from somebody who was created out of a pile of mud...
On a much more awesome note, I'm home from tomorrow until the 20th. Drink me in friends, drink me in.

No comments:
Post a Comment