Friday I went to see "Knocked Up", the new Seth Rogen movie. It's pretty funny from start to finish, so I recommend it to all of you.
Saturday night I hit the town with my roommate, Matthew, who is from Britain. We went down to the Byward Market to watch the game and then joined in on the festivities after the victory. Being in a bar in Ottawa during a Sens playoff game is a lot different from being in a bar in Edmonton during an Oilers playoff game. In Edmonton, after a goal everybody stands up and yells "GOAL!!!", and then somebody gets stabbed. After the Sens 4th goal, I yelled "GOAL!" and stood up. Wait for it...Wait for it... *clap clap* from some obscure corner of the room. Wow. I suppose that's why they don't have a football team here anymore
Both being slightly intoxicated, we decided to walk home. We got a little bit lost but eventually found the Rideau Canal which goes right past Carleton. An hour and a half later, my legs hurt like a bitch.
Anybody ever heard of highballs being referred to as bar rails before? When I asked the bartender what the hell a bar rail was, she just looked at me funny. I suppose the look could have been entirely unrelated to the question...
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Knocked up is pretty hilarious from start to finish. I would also highly recommend going to see it.
Evan
1 more thing...that game was a joke. The league is rigging this series. That 3rd goal by alfie was such a joke. How more obvious could it have been that he kicked it...he turned his skate and followed through with the kick. Then Chris Neil leaves his feet to deliver flying elbows to the head of the guy and nothing. Pronger elbows a guy and he's suspended. Not saying he shouldn't have been but how can you suspend that and not neil. They base these suspension on whether or not the person gets injured. I can't stand it.
Here is the goal for those of you who haven't seen it. I haven't met one person besides the people in toronto who thought it was a goal. Even the refs waved it off.
Horrible goal:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jokyBp3cipk
Chris Neil hit:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZG99kRovlZI&mode=related&search=
Evan
How about the blatant shooting of the puck at the ducks player in this game....
Post a Comment