Friday, November 24, 2006

Charmed and Dangerous says "No Thanks" to Mixed Nuts

We played great tonight. I'm not sure what the score was, other than the fact that we severely out-played them. The new graduate student who joined our team was a great late-round pick-up for us. He's pretty much our offence. Defence is pretty fantastic on our team as well. Thanks to Shaun for taking a ball in the pooper for me. Like I told you last night, I'd rather it was your butt than my face...unless you buy me dinner ;)

My stars for the game:
  1. Gia Khoriauli: Probably involved in every goal that we got on top of scoring at least 3 of his own. I see a team MVP nomination coming his way...
  2. Kamal Benslama: Wow, that was a great top shelf goal from half-court. As much as I hate to say it, "Team ATLAS" is our Thornton/Cheechoo
  3. Nikolay Kolev: Got himself a goal and always seemed to be in the right place to block a shot/steal the ball.
I think the first two spots are pretty obvious but the third one could be so many people from our team...I picked one (plus, I gotta represent ILC!)

BTW, if you're interested in the aerodynamics of a soccer ball, they're being demonstrated before your eyes above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a my space...congrats...I dont know if you won or lost...i'll assume it was a good effort though...maybe anyone who reads this i'll see sometime...by everyone...

Blair said...

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we won