
One down, two to go! Wow, what a game. I've never seen our defense as inspired as they were yesterday. I knew that we had that kind of talent on our team, the problem has always been that they don't show up. Well, they showed up yesterday and they left Burris completely clueless. If our offense can play with half the intensity that our defense did then there's a spot waiting for us in the Grey Cup final.
Blair's Three Stars:
Blair's Three Stars:
- Kenton Keith; 141 rushing yards, 2 TDs. Our team lives and dies by KK
- James Johnson; 2 clutch interceptions. Can't expect much more from a rookie DB
- Marcus Howell; 266 yards and 1 TD on punt/kick off returns. This guy gave our special teams a fit!

4 comments:
Only honourable mention for Lloyd!?
Yeah, I struggled with that. To be fair I HAD to include Howell, he had a great game. While Lloyd was a machine out there, KK was our bread and butter on offence and Johnson did a fantastic job covering some top notch receivers, even coming up with two ints. Lloyd didn't get any sacks and only had a few tackles. Plus, he has the benefit of working up front with Schultz, Davis, Perry and Jurineak... Johnson was all by himself quite often. I dunno, flip a coin I guess.
Yeah, solid game by our defense. Now if only Kerry Joseph could throw the ball better then a little schoolgirl at times then we will be set.
I agree with KK as game star...That opening run in the 2nd half really was huge and set the tone for the rest of the game. I would have put lloyd up there too, he was a one man wrecking crew.
Hmmm, Rider game Sunday, no school Monday...
-Evan
Post a Comment