I just forced myself to suffer through a two hour video of a seminar given by a creationist about why evolution is stupid. I don't know why I did it, I think I was drawn in by his ridiculous claims and his complete lack of reason. Of course it's easy to make evolution look silly if you ask "When's the last time you saw a dog come from a rock? Evolution is stupid!". Here are a couple of the claims that he makes during the lecture:-Humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs and, in fact, Noah took some on his arc. Some even exist today in Africa!
-The Grand Canyon was created in a few weeks by the great flood
-There is ZERO evidence for evolution and everything has been disproved.
-Hitler and Stalin were evolutionists and this played a part in their decisions to remove lesser species.
I don't know if I recommend watching the video or not. I had to bite my tongue on a few occasions to prevent myself from yelling at my computer. It's frustrating to see one man spreading this kind of dangerous ignorance to a whole lecture hall full of people who are agreeing with him. If this kind of ideology were to become dominant in society, we'd be back in the ages where we assume Earth was the center of the universe because God would have it no other way. Grrrr, blind fundamentalists anger me.
http://pandachute.com/videos/100_reasons_why_evolution_is_dumb

No comments:
Post a Comment