Monday, July 09, 2007

The White Stripes

How many of these songs do you recognize?

-Let's Build A Home
-Black Math
-Ball and Biscuit
-In the Cold, Cold Night
-Instinct Blues
-Stop Breaking Down
-Cannon
-Astro
-When I Hear My Name
-I Fought Piranhas
-Catch Hell Blues
-Icky Thump
-Seven Nation Army
-I'm Slowly Turning Into You
-Hotel Yorba
-De Ballit of de Boll Weevil
-Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
-Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine
-300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues

I've been following the White Stripes for a long time now so I recognized most of them (not necessarily by title, but I knew the songs). They certainly put on a good show, they sound great live, but.... to a casual fan (and one who has been listening for a long time), this was a horrible set list!

Maybe it was because they were headlining at a blues festival that they felt like they had to play a lot of songs with a blues sound, I don't know. What I do know is that I missed a hell of a Rider game to listen to a bunch of White Stripes B-sides.

Songs I would have loved to have heard: Conquest, Rag & Bone, Hello Operator, Fell In Love With a Girl, Hardest Button to Button, Blue Orchid, The Union Forever

No comments: