Although I didn't watch the game live (Dammit!!!!), I did watch the game in the TSN archives at their website. There's not much to say. We hit on all cylinders. CFL's website is down so I can't get the stats right now, but game ball has to go to Kerry Joseph. Props to John Chick for getting a sack in his first CFL game.Is it just me or does our defense look more dangerous than it ever has? Maurice Lloyd is a stud at middle linebacker, Kitwana Jones has held his own as a substitute defensive end, DESPITE being roughly 50lbs lighter than the guys he's facing (He's filling in for Terrell Jurineack who is out with a knee injury). It seems like we have no drop off on the D-line even when we are rotating through all of our guys. In the backfield, we are finally getting the interceptions that Richie Hall sets our guys up for. Davin and Omarr were always there to make the plays but consistently dropped easy interceptions. James Johnson started last season and has kept it up this year with 2 interceptions already. Ron Robinson is making plays all over the field, he had a great mid-air tackle on Nik Lewis as he tried to hurdle him. In any case, 8 interceptions and 13 sacks in two games says this is going to be a great year for our defense.
Bring on the Lions! Although they are 2-0 as well, they've pulled off victories against Toronto (Only because Toronto missed the winning field goal) and Edmonton (Whose defense looks easier to penetrate than...well, insert your own perverted joke here). Their offense has looked horrible to start the season and their D is about the same as last year. We had no problem scoring on them last year, I don't see us having any problems again this year.
On Roughriders!

3 comments:
It was an awesome game. Mad props to DJ Flick too...made lots of catches including 2 TD's. I think this is the best our offense has been in YEARS and it can even improve. There were some dropped passes and misthrows by Joseph which would have further skyrocketed the score had they been completed.
Agreed. Who is our weak receiver? Looking at the lineup, we've got Dominguez, Fantuz, Flick, Armstead out there on every play, plus we bring in Grant for the five receiver set. Some might look at Grant as a weak link, but I don't think so. He's the 5th receiver, he's not expected to be an all-star. Plus, when Yo is ready to go in about a month then we're going to have the scariest set of receivers in the league.
The same goes for the defense, except when I ask you who the weak link is, you're left scratching your head. I can't think of anyone...
This is a huge game coming up already on Friday. Our team for once actually looks dominant. The biggest thing I have noticed is how they aren't crumbling like EVERY OTHER YEAR. They aren't taking stupid penalties either. Is it just me or did we barely take a penalty at all, except for some illegal procedure calls. I wish I could watch the game Friday but sadly (or not so sadly) I will be at Craven. Should still be listening to it though! Who needs to go to the concerts anyways.
Evan
Post a Comment